New national restrictions summary
When it’s ok to leave the house:
- Work (if you cannot work from home)
- Medical reasons or appointments
- To shop for food and essentials
- To care for others or to visit those in your support bubble.
(Children can still move between homes if their parents are separated.)
Meeting with other households:
- You can: Exercise or visit outdoor public places with one person from another household.
- You cannot: Meet with people from other households indoors (unless they are in your support bubble.)
Business that can remain open:
- Food shops, supermarkets, garden centres and certain other retailers providing essential goods and services
- Non-essential retail can provide deliveries and click-and-collect
- Hospitality venues like restaurants, bars and pubs must close, but can provide takeaway and delivery services.
- Hotels, hostels and other accommodation – only for those who have to travel for work purposes
- Childcare groups