Scarborough & Ryedale Carers Resource
If you spend time looking after someone who depends on you because they are ill, frail or disabled, Carers Resource are here to help. Carers Resource cover Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale and provide free and confidential support for unpaid carers from the age of 8 upwards.
A carer is someone who looks after a member of their family or a friend when they have an illness, condition, a disability or are elderly. This includes mental health illness and difficulties arising from substance misuse.
Carers Resource focuses on you and help to reduce the stress of caring by:
– Providing relevant advice and information
– Assisting to maximise your income
– Providing a listening ear
– Signposting or referring to appropriate services
– Guiding you through the red tape of authority
– Providing information on volunteering, training and employment
– Giving you the opportunity to make your voice heard
– Providing a specialist service for young carers.
For further information please see the link below:-